Ultra Life® Fiber
About Ultra Life® Fiber
Why STAINMASTER Ultra Life® is the Only Carpet You'll Want to
STAINMASTER carpet has always been designed with stain free living in mind. Stain resistance technology repels liquids at the fiber surface, keeping spills from penetrating where they can leave stains.
STAINMASTER® Advanced Teflon® Repel System
STAINMASTER® has advanced its Teflon® cookware technology and applied it to carpeting. This unique innovation actually keeps carpets cleaner, ensuring a beautiful, fresh look for years to come.
- Carpet fiber actually repels liquid spills. Rather than being absorbed, most spills bead up on the carpet fibers allowing for easy cleanup.
- Repelling action is the key to keeping STAINMASTER® carpet 40% cleaner.
- Comes standard on all STAINMASTER® carpeting.
STAINMASTER carpet is designed to nestle your family in comfort through all of life's changes.
STAINMASTER® Anti-Static Technology
Electrical surprises are a thing of the past with STAINMASTER®'s Anti-Static Technology.
- STAINMASTER® carpet contains carbon-filled fiber which act as miniature lightning rods dissipating the static charge away from the person generating it.
- The anti-static technology is built into the carpet itself, so your family is protected for as long as you have it.
- Now comes standard on all STAINMASTER® carpeting.
STAINMASTER® Fiber Technology
With the added durability of Type 6,6 nylon fiber technology, STAINMASTER® carpet will stay rich and full long after the installation crew leaves.
- Premium fiber stays intact over time, guarding against matting and crushing.
- BCF (Bulked Continuous Filament) eliminates carpet fuzzing and shedding.
Better Construction Makes All the Difference
Bulked Continuous Filament (BCF)
Continuous strands of nylon are formed into yarn. They are also texturized to increase their bulk and to change from straight into kinked or curled fiber.
Each carpet fiber is wound around itself to make the carpet pile more resilient. The tighter the twist, the more the carpet will resist crushing, matting and changes in texture.
After the fiber is twisted, it is treated with heat to lock in the twist. The result: carpet fibers that won't easily unravel or crush under heavy foot traffic.
The heat-set fiber is fed through needles and then stitched or tufted into the primary carpet backing. The density of a carpet is determined by how much yarn is used and how close the tufts are to one another.
The tufted carpet is saturated with liquid dye then treated with a fixation solution and dried.
The Advanced Teflon® Repel System
The dyed carpet is now saturated with anti-stain polymers. Then it undergoes a fixation process and is dried again. Next, a unique Teflon® solution is applied. The result is carpet that has the long lasting ability to repel dirt and resist stains.